Fees & Refunds - Domestic Students
If you are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or hold an Australian Permanent Resident (PR) visa, you are classified as a Domestic Student. Other certain types of visa holders may be also eligible for Domestic Student fees. If you are not sure, please email your visa category to firstname.lastname@example.org and Charter Australia's enrolment team will advise you accordingly.
On this page:
- Fees for Smart and Skilled Program
- Fees Table
- Financial Assitance
- Refund Procedures for Domestic Students
- Refund Request Form
For more information please go to Smart and Skilled Funding.
Health and Community Services
Other Fees, Payment and Discount
Charter Australia provides financial assistance to our domestic students if they are in financial hardship and unable to pay the course fee upfront by offering instalment options. Students can apply for the instalment plan to pay off their tuition fees. Apply here for fees instalment.
Instalment 1: $500 on commencement
Following instalments: $100 per fortnight until the course fee is fully paid.
All fees must be fully paid before a certificate is issued.
Charter Australia reserves the right to refuse to offer the fees instalment plan.
According to Standard for RTOs 2015, Clause 7.3—Protecting pre-paid fees by students, Charter Australia will not charge in advance more than $1500 including enrolment fees, tuition fees, materials fees and any other fee component that is a mandatory payment for the course. Course fees will be invoiced for a maximum of $1500 in advance.
Withdrawal 14 days or more before course or workshop commencement
- The student receives a full refund of tuition fees.
- Notification for withdrawal or deferral must be received 14 days before course commencement by completing and returning the Application for Withdrawal or Application for Deferral forms to Charter Australia’s Head Office.
- An Application for Refund form is also required. If a student doesn’t complete the Application for Refund, the refund will be held on their account as credit towards a future enrolment.
Withdrawal less than 14 days before course or workshop commencement
- There is no refund if a withdrawal is received less than 14 days before commencement.
- There is no refund if a student fails to attend a course or workshop without prior notice.
- A student’s tuition fees will be refunded in part or in total as the resolution of a formal complaint or grievance under the Student Complaint Policy. Students must complete a Formal Complaint form and provide relevant documentary evidence. Please contact Charter Australia head office before completing the complaint form.
General Refund Policies
- Refunds will be repaid to the person who originally paid the fees, including employers or third parties.
- Refunds will be made within 10 working days from the date of request or the date of clearance of the original payment, whichever is the later.
- Administration will record the refunds in the Student Records Management System.
- The Finance Manager (or delegated nominee) will follow up unclaimed refunds within two weeks.
Provider default: domestic students
In the event that Charter Australia cancels a domestic student’s enrolment due to provider default, students will be notified in writing and will be given the option to:
- transfer their enrolment to another course within Charter Australia or to another study period; or
- be offered a place in a similar course of study leading to a comparable qualification with another nominated institution, with: (1) full credit for the subjects successfully completed at Charter Australia; and (2) without any requirement to pay the new provider fees for replacement subjects (that is, subjects that the student has commenced but not completed because the subject ceased to be offered); or
- request a refund of prepaid tuition fees for those subject(s) not yet completed and/or commenced;
- requests for refunds of tuition fees will be processed within 10 working days of receiving the request unless a request to transfer enrolment to another course or study period is received from the student in writing during this period.
Click on the link to download a refund request form. Completed form should be sent to email@example.com.