Project Management Fundamentals
A short course focusing on the fundamental elements of project management
Statement of Attainment available as an option
At a Glance:
- Fees: $750 (GST Free)
- Location: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, ACT, Adelaide
- Duration: 2-day workshop
- In-house delivery: Available
- Government funding: Open for application for group training, please call 02-9955 5881 to enquire. For NSW residents and organisations only.
On this page:
- Who Should Attend?
- Why Should You Attend?
- Course Fees
- Course Delivery
- Course Structure
- Training Resources
- Presented by Charter Australia
- The Facilitator
The Project Management Fundamentals Workshop is designed to equip participants with essential project management skills, knowledge and techniques. The course is suitable for personnel from all levels of organisations who wish to improve their project management skills.
The two-day intensive course provides a comprehensive introduction to the fundamental elements of project management, a working knowledge of the principles of project planning, control, resource management, risk analysis and management. The course content also provides an understanding of the terminology, methodologies, techniques and tools available to project managers.
Each session provides a short explanation of the concepts and best practice methods, followed by exercises in the key project management activities. The outcome of class exercises is an outline project plan.
The course is in line with the unit of competency BSBPMG522 Undertake Project Works. Students can choose to complete related assessments and obtain the Statement of Attainment for BSBPMG522 Undertake Project Works.
Existing project managers (with no previous training), aspiring project managers and any organisational manager who is involved in projects and wants to understand best practice in delivering projects.
- To learn the essential skills of managing projects
- To learn how to utilise scarce resources effectively to achieve desired project outcomes and minimise unproductive activities and unnecessary delays
- To increase the skill level and productivity of you and your staff
- To develop an array of practical project templates to assist you with bringing future projects to a successful conclusion
Total fee: $750 (GST free), payable on commencement. The total fee includes the course fees, administration fees, catering during the training days and all course materials (listed under Training Resources).
Government funding: Open for application for group training, please call 02-9955 5881 to enquire. For NSW residents and organisations only.
Two days of classroom training, 9am-5pm, with total 60 minutes break for morning and afternoon tea and lunch each day.
The course is structured as a mix of Project Management theory, supported by practical activities. The activities provide participants with the opportunity to apply many of the concepts that assist the project manager to deliver a successful project.
Overview of project management and the phases of the project lifecycle from initiation and planning, execution and control through to project closure.
Detailed knowledge of what’s needed to competently manage a project, including how to:
- Develop a Project Management Plan
- Define scope
- Select and analyse stakeholders
- Build a schedule and budget
- Plan and manage project resources
- Plan and manage stakeholder communication
- Work within a project governance framework
- Analyse risk
- Define and manage all aspects of project quality
- Monitor and control project execution
- Procure external services and products
- Control changes to the project
- Produce effective status reports
- Formally close and evaluate the project.
At the end of the course the participant should be able to apply basic project management techniques and tools to their project work to effectively plan and manage small projects through to successful completion.
Comprehensive notes will be provided to cover each topic, including:
• Project Management Introduction Manual
• Access to CHASE Online® – Project Manager Essential Tool Kit online
• Illustrations and examples
Charter Australia is a specialist in the field of project management education. Charter Australia’s courses are compliant with the Australian National Competency Standards of Project Management (NCSPM) and with the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), which is the international standard for project management.
The course is facilitated by Madeleine Pathe, Charter Australia’s Program Director of Project Management. Madeleine Pathe’s glowing reputation as an insightful, engaging, and highly knowledgeable Project Management Trainer is a result of her immensely successful and expansive career in both professional training and project management. Prior to her training career, Madelaine was a Senior Project Manager for a variety of large corporate organisations, including Commonwealth Bank, Siemens, and Westpac. As a distinguished project manager in her own right, Madeleine has also taken on a number of Project Management consultancy positions for other firms.
Madeleine has provided a wide range of project management training to students from a variety of industries, such as mining, engineering and IT, as well as those from community-based and not-for-profit backgrounds. Madeleine is well-known for her insightful training delivery, which stems from the depth and extensiveness of her project management expertise. Madeleine has an Advanced Diploma of Project Management, as well as a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment. She is a Certified Practicing Project Director (CPPD) with the Australian Institute of Project Management (AIPM), an AIPM Assessor, and a member of the Project Management Institute (PMI).