Visa Information

As an international student, while you’re studying at Charter Australia, you need to be aware of your student visa requirements. Variations to your enrolment or changes to the length of your stay in Australia will affect your visa.

Student visa

All students including international students, need to understand their responsibilities and follow the student code of conduct. This is a condition of your enrolment at Charter Australia.

As an international student, you also have to meet your visa conditions.

Student visa conditions

There are strict conditions attached to Australian student visas. Read the full list of student visa conditions on the Department of Home Affairs website. You can find more information on:

  • maintaining satisfactory academic progress during your studies
  • working while on your visa
  • Overseas Student Health Cover

It is a requirement of your student visa that you are enrollled in a full-time study load. Any changes that you make to your enrolment, including deferring your studies or reducing your study load can impact on your student visa, so make sure you contact the Student Support advice.

You need to update your local address in Australia within seven days of arrival or within seven days of changing your address.

If you don’t comply with any of these conditions, you may not be able to stay in the country.

Visitor Visa (Subclasses 600, 601, 651)
  • Maximum 3 months study.

Read more about Visitor Visas on the Department of Home Affiars website.

Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 and 462)
  • Maximum 4 months study.

Read more about Working Holiday Visas  on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Student Guardian (Subclass 590)
  • Study up to 3 months or study ELICOS for 20 hours per week for duration of visa.

Read more about Student Guardian visas on the Department of Home Affairs website.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email