HLTHPS007 – Administer and monitor medications
HLTHPS007 – Administer and monitor medications describes the skills and knowledge required to administer medications to people and monitor them, as per the delegation from a relevant health professional, in accordance with legislation and the employing organisation’s medication policies and practice
Students will be able to learn how to:
- safely administer medication
- calculate medications with 100% accuracy and use the rights of medication and standard precautions to administer medication
- document the administration of medication according to legislative requirements and the organisation’s procedures and policies
Prospective students must have completed, as a minimum, an accredited Certificate III Qualification in Aged Care prior to enrolling into the unit. The student must be able to demonstrate knowledge in healthy body systems to support their understanding of basic pharmacology and principles of medication administration within their scope of practice.
- One 6-hour class per week for three weeks. Class time will be from 9:30am to 3:00pm.
- Practical assessment is conducted in a residential aged care facility (minimum 1 day for each student or as required until their practical skills are fully assessed.)
- Class size: 10 (Min.) – 20 (Max.)
Group training can be provided at client’s premises as required. Or at Charter Australia’s North Sydney office at:
Level 3, 53 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060
This Program is subsidised and subject to pre-approval by the NSW Government for eligible students. For participants who are not eligible for government subsidy, course fee will be $450.
For detailed program information, please contact Charter Australia on 02-9955 5881 or email@example.com
|Name||Location||Course Start Date||Course End Date||Domestic Students|
|HLTHPS007 – Administer and monitor medications||NORTH SYDNEY|