Core Skills for Care Roles
Highlights – Core Skills for Care Roles
- A short practical course with work placement in a residential aged care facility included
- Fast way to become a skilled aged care worker
- Government funded and nationally recognised training in Aged Care
- Work Placement in reputable aged care facilities is provided
- Be placed for an employment interview upon successful completion
- Enjoy a bite-sized taste of Certificate III in Individual Support as you get a practical, hands-on learning experience in a supportive environment.
- Achieve nationally recognised units of competency that provide you with credit toward CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification.
The course is designed for people who want to gain employment in the aged, disability and community services sectors and work as a personal carer. Studying this course creates a pathway for graduates to continue into CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support qualification study.
The course contains four Nationally Recognised Units of Competency.
- CHCCCS015 – Provide individualised support
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS002 – Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS011 – Meet personal support needs
Work placement in a residential aged care facility is included in this course.
Gradudate will be interviewed by potential employers for job opportunities to start a career in the aged care or disability sectors.
Pathways to Further Studies
A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment for the four above listed units of competency will be issued following successful completion of this course and can be used to seek credit transfer towards achieving an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) qualification including CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support.
Course Entrance Requirements
- Have met English & LLN Requirements. When English & LLN Requirements are not met, applicants will need to undertake 2 – 3 weeks Foundation Skills – Prepare for Vocational Training course before commencing the Core Skills for Care Roles course.
- A personal computer or tablet, stable wifi connection, the ability to stream video
- Because students are to do a work placement in a residential nursing facility, all students must have done or agree to do:
- Police check
- Seasonal flu and Covid-19 vaccination
Course Duration & Delivery
This short course will be delivered over four (4) weeks period and plus two (2) days work placement in a residential aged care facility.
Students will need to attend two days face-to-face training classes each week in Charter Australia’s North Sydney campus during the four (4) weeks period.
Enrolment period: 8 weeks
Practical sessions will be delivered at Charter Australia’s North Sydney campus at: Level 3, 53 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 Australia.
Core Skills for Care Roles course is subsidised by the NSW Government for eligible people.
Eligibility for government subsidy:
- Living or working in NSW.
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen – Check your eligibility.
$1000 will be payable before commencement for students who are not eligible for NSW Government subsidy.
Ready to Apply?
Simply complete the online enrolment form. We will get back to you promptly to advise the outcome of your application or if we require more information from you.
Your enrolment should take around 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
Information you’ll need:
- Personal details
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Contact information such as residential and postal address
- Email address (mandatory to complete this process online)
- Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you have not yet registered for a USI, click here to create one. If you have a USI but don’t remember your USI details, click here to find your USI.
By submitting the online enrolment form, I declare that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions listed below. I also declare the information provided by me in this application is true and correct.
- Fees and refunds
- Academic integrity
- Complaints and appeals
- Student support
No courses currently available.