HLT33115 – Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
Assisting in nursing work in acute care
CRICOS Code: 106805D
Studying HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance, Assisting in nursing work in acute care allows you to specialise as an Assistant in Nursing in the acute care environment.
Acute care is the term used for the care of patients generally provided in a hospital for short term treatment. This care is usually required for a severe illness, following surgery or as a result of an injury. This means you will have the opportunity to work in acute care facilities such as your local hospital.
Charter Australia offers this course to domestic students and to international students including students on a 2nd CoE and/or working holiday visa.
Graduates from the course will have met the minimum educational standard for an AIN working in NSW Health in an acute care environment.
Careers opportunities include:
- Health service assistant
- Personal care assistant
- Hospital orderly
- Nurses assistant
- Patient support assistant
Pathways to Further Studies
The HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance provides a strong pathway to become an enrolled nurse.
The units in this course may be used as credits twoards to the following qualifcations:
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
Course Entrance Requirements
English Language Requirements
Refer to Charter Australia’s English language requirements for admissions into its courses.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or above
Work placement requirement
Students must be eligible to obtain the following:
- National Police check
- Relevant immunisation requirements including Covid-19 vaccination
Student are required to use computer to access study materials, do research, prepare assessments, make notes and communicate with trainers, support staff and/or other students. Student are also required to bring a laptop or tablet computer while attending classes.
Blended learning model combining classroom sessions, self-paced study, and work placement.
Standard 6 months program:
Duration: Classes will be delivered two days per week during 14 weeks study period continuously, followed by 80 hours work placement (Maximum 6 months enrolment including work placement)
Intake dates: Rolling enrolment starts from 9 November 2022. Students can commence throughout the year.
Assessments for the HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance include:
- Written Task
- Workplace Assignment
- Workplace Journal
- Practical Demonstration
Classroom training will be delivered at Charter Australia's North Sydney campus at: Level 3, 53 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW 2060 Australia.
For this qualification students must have completed at least 80 hours of work placement. Charter Australia organises work placements for our enrolled students in an acute care facility.
Before undertaking any work placements in an acute care facility, students will be required, at their own cost, to undertake a:
- National Police Check
- Health screening & any necessary vaccinations including Covid-19 vaccination
To attend work placement, students are required to wear Charter Australia’s uniform (included in the materials fees) and also appropriate black pants and black rubber sole footwear.
This qualification requires students to complete 7 core units and 8 elective units.
7 Core Units
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
8 Elective Units
- CHCCCS002 - Assist with movement
- CHCCCS020 - Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCCS026 - Transport individuals
- HLTAIN001 - Assist with nursing care in an acute care environment (require an acute care work place)
- HLTAIN002 - Provide non-client contact support in an acute care environment
- HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid
- CHCCCS012 - Prepare and maintain beds
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
Students with prior learning from another Registered Training Organisation based in any State/Territory of Australia may apply to have credit transferred to their Charter Australia's program which may fast-track their studies.
Go to Credit Transfer page for more information.
Recognise Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is an assessment process that closely evaluates the relevance of your knowledge and skills to the specific job tasks. It is not a substitute for learning – to be eligible for RPL you must have direct experience in the job role performing the tasks that make up the qualification.
Go to Recognise Prior Learning page for more information.
FEE Free if eligible for JobTrainer. Check your eligibility.
Or go to the Fees Information page for more information.
Ready to Apply?
Choose the class which suits you, click Enrol to complete the online enrolment form. We will get back to you promptly to advise the outcome of your application or if we require more information from you.
Your enrolment should take around 10 to 15 minutes to complete.
Information you'll need:
Contact information such as residential and postal address
Email address (mandatory to complete this process online)
Unique Student Identifier (USI). If you have not yet registered for a USI, click here to create one. If you have a USI but don’t remember your USI details, click here to find your USI.
You will also need to upload a colour copy of your Medicare Card, Photo ID (eg. Driver's licence), and/or evidence of concession status.
NSW Government Smart & Skilled and Job Trainer funding may be available to eligible domestic students. For detailed information, please go to Smart & Skilled.